Once Bitten saying that she'd tagged me for a stylish blogger award! Now, I've never heard of this before but it sounds cool right?! So apparently this means that not only are people actually reading my blog, they actually like it! SCORE! As a new blogger I struggle a bit trying to get new readers and followers so this was a nice little surprise to let me know that my work is appreciated :0). Now, since I was at school when I received this message from Kari, I couldn't exactly drop everything I was doing and complete the steps for accepting the award. Long story short, I got home from school at 11pm and crashed. This morning I woke up to another email that I was again tagged for the same award from Cat over at Pink Cat's Polish. How cool is that to be tagged twice!? I'm pretty excited about it. I've never done this before so hopefully it means I only have to tag one set of bloggers instead of two... hmm. (correct me please if I'm wrong). And a huge thanks to both girls, Kari and Cat, for tagging me. I'm glad you read and like my blog!! Anyways.. on the the award!
This award come with rules & they are as follows:
1. Thank and link the person who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers to tell them about the award
And away we go.. my 7 things:
1. I like to be active. From the time that I was 3 up until high school I was involved in dance including tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, hip hop, and theater. I was involved in group as well as solo competition. While in middle school I was involved in ice skating and competed in that as well. When I went into high school, I quit dance and ice skating and in place of that I became involved in my high school's field hockey, swim team, and water polo sports teams. Now that I'm college, I try to go to my school's gym every day I'm on campus and during the summer months I enjoy hiking and swimming.
2. I have attachment issues. I like being close to being that I'm close with and have separation anxiety when I'm not around them for long periods of time. I also have this weird mentality that people are somehow invisibly attached to me by a string so when i am walking next to someone I need to walk on the same side of the trashcan/pole/tree/bush as them, or else I feel like my string has become tangled and I start to feel discombobbled. I've had this feeling ever since I was little and always thought it odd until three years ago I read a bio called learning To Fly by Victoria Beckham and she described how when she was younger she had the same invisible string attachment to her mom. So I'm not the only weird one after all :0).
3. I used to be a picky eater and eat nothing. When I was a junior/senior in high school I was a vegetarian for a year. I did't eat veggies though because I hadn't grown a liking for them yet so I lived off junk food, sweets, and mostly cookies. Yeah, my dad still teases me about the time he took me to the doctor because he thought my vegetarian diet was lacking nutrition, vitamins, and minerals, and when the doctor asked me what I had eaten the day before I had responded "cookies". I still remember that the day before I had only had six Milano cookies to eat the entire day (no clue why) so my response wasn't really in my defense. Since then I have learned to love almost all fruits and a ton of veggies. Now I prefer to eat healthy and actually crave delicious veggies all the time. I guess it helps that I like to and now know how to cook, but thank goodness I'm no longer as picky as I used to be.
4. I'm obsessed with the Christmas season. You already knew that though didn't you? Well what you don't know is that I start listening to Christmas music on my iTunes starting in September, that I volunteer to single-handedly set up and take down all Christmas decorations (because otherwise we'd never get out tree up), same goes with Christmas Eve/Christmas dinner (cause the one year we went to Home Town Buffet for Thanksgiving I threw a fit and declared I would cook every holiday from then on so we'd never have to go out to a restaurant on a holiday again), and that currently I still have snowmen sheets on my bed and I am rocking my Rudolph PJ pants.
5. I started getting really into polish two years ago as a way to help my kick my nail biting habit to the curb. I figured if my nails looked pretty, I wouldn't put them near my mouth. As soon as a nail chipped I forced myself to repaint because I figured if I had chipped polish, my nails already looked like shiz so if I bit my nails they would only look even more like shiz, but the level of looking like shiz really didn't matter which is why I like them looking perfect and unchipped. Even still when they get chipped, I have the urge to bite.. but only if it's a stressful day.
6. I hope to be an old cat lady. I'm actually pretty convinced I will be. I'll be the old lady at the end of the street with all the cats that all the neighborhood children are convinced is loopy. What can I say?? I love cats!!
7. I like shoes. Lots of shoes. I have so many pairs of shoes and heels that I've only worn some of them once or twice yet when I see a new pair that I love, I just have to have them. I know I should stop buying them because I already have so many, and no where to where them, but I just can't help it. I always reason with myself that one day i will have somewhere to wear them and that if I don't buy them now, I'll regret it later. It's a good thing my feet are done growing so at least I'll never grow out of any of them!
So now I I guess I'm supposed to list 15 of my favorite bloggers. Some are new, some are old, but I'm just gonna list the first 15 that come mind. Please not, I read more than 15 nails blogs and love all of them so just because a blog didn't make this list, doesn't mean I don't read and/or like it.
1. Also Known As...
2. Body & Soul
3. My Simple Little Pleasures
4. The Daily Nail
5. Getcha Nails Did
6. Blushing For Beauty
7. Lacquered Mom
8. Imperfectly Painted
9. The Lacquer Files
10. Nail Swatches
11. Alizarine Claws
12. Emerald Sparkled
14. Persistently Polished
15. Nail Art